JM Cutback Custom Dressage Saddle from Cardanel Saddlery
This saddle is designed for riders of all levels who need extra support on their big-moving, big-shouldered athletic type horses. Two differences from the precious model include the saddle runs wider and the seat is not quite as deep. It has several key features to provide additional support to the rider and to maximize the horses movement:
- The cutback part of the tree front stays back off the horse’s shoulder
- Uses a different spring tree, which runs wider that that of the previous model
- Added layer of pro-lite in the seat so it is not as hard as most new saddles
- Several options for knee blocks, including our recommendation of front style blocks which keep the rider’s leg in optimum position
- It can also be ordered with or without back blocks (although they are wonderful on the “exuberant” youngsters!)
- Floating front billet strap, which can also be built into the front of the tree upon request, to act as a built-in foregirth (works well for baroque types)
- Tree with a narrow twist (even in a wider tree) to give the rider the feeling of a deep seat while still maintaining a close-contact feel
- Panels can be made shorter or longer according to the needs of the rider
This is a sturdy, great saddle that many Dressage horses and riders love to ride in!
About our Custom Dressage Saddles from Cardanel Saddlery of England: Our custom saddles from Cardanel Saddlery of England were made specifically for our shop and were designed by Jo McCracken. Each saddle is designed to meet important needs of Dressage riders at all levels. The saddles are stocked in several sizes and can be ordered to any specification to best suit each horse and rider. Please contact us to place an order or to find out more about our custom models.